Americorps VISTA Social Enterprise Manager
Full-time, salaried via the Americorps VISTA program
Reports to: Executive Director or Enterprise Director
The Americorp VISTA Social Enterprise Manager will help strengthen Benevolence Farm farm-based enterprises (i.e. body care business operation), improve profitability to reduce dependency on grants, and increase ability to employ more formerly incarcerated women at a living wage rate in North Carolina. These outcomes will be achieved through strengthening marketing, sales, and production practices of the body care business to improve efficiency of the operations and, thus, increase profits.
- Develop and execute upon an events and markets strategy that bolsters body care product revenue and increases exposure to Benevolence Farm at markets outside of our geographic region of Alamance County.
- Conduct an evaluation of current and potential supply sources and production practices to ensure Benevolence Farm is continuing to improve upon the efficiency and quality of materials used in enterprise products, while also increasing environmental sustainability.
- Develop a 2023 marketing and sales plan in partnership with Enterprise Staff.
- Support staff in maintenance of the affiliate program for formerly incarcerated women and the Second Chance Store, a store where formerly incarcerated women can sell their crafts.
- Passion for Benevolence Farm’s mission and shared values of supporting second chances.
- An openness for learning new things.
- Effective communication skills.
- Effective writing and editing skills.
- Competency with customer service.
- Works well with people from all walks of life.
- Understanding the benefits that come out of learning from our mistakes.
Program Benefits: This position is a full-time, year-long volunteer service opportunity. Americorps VISTA members are not employees, they are volunteers and therefore do not receive compensation for their service from Benevolence Farm. As an Americorps VISTA you will receive a small living stipend of approximately $1000 a month, health coverage/reimbursement benefits, reimbursement for job-related transportation, childcare if needed and eligible, and a $6195 educational scholarship after completion of service by Americorps.
To apply directly with Benevolence Farm, apply here.
Application deadline is Sunday, May 15.