Questions about internship or volunteer opportunities? E-mail email@example.com
Full-time, salaried, exempt, occasional weekend and evening hours
Reports to Executive Director
Summary: Benevolence Farm is a small nonprofit organization built on the premise of mercy and sincere belief in second chances. Our community provides transitional employment and safe housing for women leaving North Carolina prisons, and also supports residents in making the connections necessary to securely transition back into society. We are seeking a full-time Reentry Coordinator who is enthusiastic and passionate about supporting Benevolence Farm residents with making these vital connections in the community, while also meeting the needs of the women on the farm.
The majority of in-person work will take place in Alamance County.
This is a salaried position is full-time with an annual salary of $39,000.
- Supports the residents with goal completion and connect with appropriate community partners and resources.
- Ensures a drug & alcohol-free, clean and safe environment for residents. This includes replenishment of supplies (cleaning, laundry, food, hygiene), emergency preparedness, and household maintenance and repairs.
- Organizes resident-centered celebration of wins, goal achievements, birthdays, and holidays.
- Coordinates, and, if necessary, provides transportation for residents to essential appointments.
- Conducts regular meetings with the residents to facilitate problem-solving and to improve communication among the residents when needed. This may include problem-solving individually or with the group as a whole.
- Manages data entry and maintenance (i.e. appointment tracking, length of stay, milestones, etc.)
- Understanding of the population to be served and knowledge of the recovery process
- Keen awareness of racial, gender, age, and LGBTQ equity frameworks and trauma-informed care for formerly incarcerated people
- Enthusiastic, kind, open-minded, and open-hearted
- Excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills
- Strong self-awareness and self-care practices
- Competent in Word, Excel, and data systems, and willing to learn and receive training in these areas
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Experience navigating systems, including applying for government benefits, getting a driver’s license, etc.
- Strong case management and documentation skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills, including de-escalation skills
- Vehicle and auto insurance coverage, and a valid North Carolina Driver’s license
We strongly encourage formerly incarcerated persons to apply.
Resumes and/or letters of interest to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Reentry Coordinator application.” You are welcome to submit a video describing your experience as well.