Today is a special day at the Farm. We had the privilege and honor of welcoming home our 32nd resident, as documented in the video above.
Our Welcome Home experience at Benevolence Farm is a dignified and beautiful process informed by residents who have come before.
Every resident receives:
- A guaranteed free ride to the Farm as soon as one exits the prison;
- Freedom Meal (first meal out of prison – resident’s choice!);
- Clothing in their favorite colors;
- A basket of their favorite snacks;
- Wellness activities (journal, crochet supplies, drawing books);
- Culturally inclusive toiletries; and,
- Most importantly, a lifelong community waiting with open arms!
After folks settle in, we make a trip to a grocery store and a clothing store so they can exercise their full choice in what they want, sometimes for the first time in years.
This is what your donations make possible. Our newest resident expressed immense gratitude today and asked us to extend her thanks to all who have invested in her success and healing.
We are so excited to have another woman home.
In the words of our alumni:
Freedom looks good on you, girl.